In today’s fast-paced world where technology plays a big role in making things done in a short span of time, online jobs and online transactions are not new to us anymore. One by-product of such technological superiority is the emergence of various outsourcing companies reaching out to either start-up businesses or developed companies, offering help in making their jobs lighter.
Each company needs help in different aspects of their business tasks and nowadays, the hiring of so-called VA or virtual assistants can be considered practical. Imagine not having a personal administrative assistant, giving him/her a fixed schedule, fixed pay, employee benefits and setting up his/her own equipment and space in your office; instead, imagine a virtual assistant doing all the work that an administrative assistant does while working in his/her own office in constant communication with you through phone or mail, and has to be paid only based on the hours that he/she actually used up and still gets the job done. That is how a virtual assistant comes into the picture.
Now the question is, how do you choose the right virtual assistant?
What to Consider when Hiring a Virtual Assistant
There are qualities that you might want to look at in finding the right VA. Some of the qualities listed below may give you an idea.
- Personality. Having an employer-employee relationship may be difficult if you and your virtual assistant only communicate through online medium. It is important to make sure that your VA has a good personality. Consider someone who is friendly, good listener, detail-oriented, articulate, has good communication skills and is comfortable to speak with.
- Professionalism. It is important for any employee to uphold professionalism at all times. A good VA knows how to treat you and your customers right. He/she should also be able to be true to his/her words when promising you to do something.
- Technological Knowledge and Skills. Using technology in your work management can help you save time and money. In hiring a VA, make sure that he/she is knowledgeable in technological activities. A good VA should be able to know the twists and turns in your usage of technology.
- Experience. It is important to determine how long the VA has been doing such field of work. It is important to know how long she has been an assistant, however, it is more important to learn the period of time she has been working on the same task that you are asking her to do. Take note also that your virtual assistant should have the parallel skills that go with her work experience.
- Availability. Does the virtual assistant work part-time or full-time, or is he/she available on weekdays? How about weekends? It is noteworthy to always know first the availability of your VA. Efficiency and good time management can best be acquired if constant communication between you and your VA is present. This will help you a lot in planning and consultations regarding projects and tasks.
While it is now easy to look for virtual assistants online, it is still better that you acquire recommendations and referrals from other business owners. Choosing the right VA is personal and private thus it is always good to be able to ask for other people’s opinions. Finding the right virtual assistant for you takes time and attention. Once you find the right virtual assistant, keep in mind to arrange everything properly before you start delegating tasks.
Do you want to secure the right virtual assistant now that you know what to look for? Click here and get a virtual assistant now!